Monday, January 12, 2015

Bogota - Zona G, street art

I'd read about Zona G, (for gastronomia) an upscale area that is the centre of Bogota's haute cuisine scene and, being a foodie, wanted to check it out. The description noted intriguing, winding streets with all sorts of fabulous dining options. What I found was a neighborhood with glitzy, new, well fortified condos, a big military presence (the typical barely post pubescent soldiers with imposing weapons), a few blocks of expensive looking restaurants, the kind of neighbourhood where the few people you see walking on the street are the help, and, further along, scores of fast food type places. Maybe I'd hit the wrong neighbourhood. I don't know. But it wasn't appealing. It was one of the few times I've been glad to see a Starbucks though, not for the coffee, but for the bathroom. On the way there I did see a couple of interesting gothic churches.

Out Lady of Lourdes church
And on the way home, wandering through the neighbourhood around my place, I discovered some interesting street art.

 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Andrew, We've just signed up. Those last two photos remind us of Mazatlan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Andrew, great post! I think Bogota will go on my bucket list of places to see, from an amateur photographers perspective it looks extremely interesting. The white leaved/blossomed trees in front of the Lady of Lourdes look rather unusual...?

    ReplyDelete